For those on my team who are building their own on-line/off-line business…
You probably have seen many ads for swipe files, or step-by-step instructions to Facebook Ads and other one-size-fits-all approaches.
But, the dirty secret is that in marketing, the one-size-fits-all approach doesn’t work.
* Branding Is Imperative – When you use someone else’s cheat sheet, you need to ensure that you take the time to adjust it and brand it for your business. You want your audience to see what you do and know immediately that’s you on the other side of their screen.
* Quality Is Also Important – Sometimes when you buy “done for you” information it’s high quality, but it’s not your quality.
That’s okay. Improve it. Make it promote your words, and your ideas, and your information. Adjust things to be the quality and style that you want.
* Your Audience Is Different To Any Other – Even if some people share similar audiences, your audience is ultimately different… even unique.
When you market to your audience, you need to let them know that when they consume any of your content that you thought of them and are directing it toward them.
* Stop Using Swipe Files “As Is” – When you get access to a swipe file, it should be only to give you ideas.
You can copy it to a point, but you must always consider your audience.
If you don’t change some things to ensure that it fits with your audience’s expectations of you, then they’ll be confused.
* Keep Learning – Keep studying your audience, your niche, and your marketing methodology.
What’s popular today may be old-fashioned and ineffective tomorrow.
It’s important to continue to always pay close attention to matters that are important to you. One example of this theory can be seen in today’s marketing trends towards video marketing and webinar promotions.
Online Marketing today requires sophisticated, yet affordable, “turn-key” marketing systems which include all of the tools required to promote an on-line, or, off-line business such as GVO Host Then Profit which includes everything needed to keep your business marketing up yo scratch for the times.
If you are building your own business and need a great marketing system…
You can check GVO out here..
* Be a Leader Instead of a Follower – It’s easy to follow other people and do what they do. But, is it really working? While there are known things that work best in marketing, it’s not going to be exact.
What works for one person may not work for another. For example, Thug Kitchen uses foul language to promote their vegan food.
But, if another business used it, it might not work at all for them. In fact, it might turn people off. Know your audience.
* Your Story Is Unique – Never forget your why. Never forget how you started. Never forget what you’re doing.
Never forget who you’re doing it for. It’s imperative to tell your story as it is, the whole truth,
and then incorporate other people’s ideas but always keep it real and true your truth.
* Data Matters Most – Having said that, you should only measure the things that matter.
Once you gather the data you can improve things that can be, drop things that can’t be, and do more of what is obviously working for you.
So… Go ahead and use swipe files for ideas… Go ahead and learn about what other people are doing that works.
But make it your own, always look at it from your own audience’s perspective instead of going blindly into any marketing plan.
If you use it… don’t abuse it and adjust it for your audience so that it will work for them as well as make it a unique plan that works for your business.
All best wishes