One of the most important things I have learned as an online business builder is to learn from not only my own mistakes but also those of other people. That’s why they say that in business “you shouldn’t seek to always reinvent the wheel but instead to improve upon it”. I soon realised that there is no reason why you can’t learn from those who went before you, and then add to it to make it even better. Repeating mistakes is what can hold you back from success, so that’s why it’s very important to learn from every mistake to avoid repeating it.
* Seek Acceptance – Remember that, as some of the world’s greatest inventors and scientists, mistakes are important components of success, so first you need to accept that you have to make mistakes to experience success. Mistakes are just part of your journey and you will make them. If you accept that they’re part of your journey, it will make experiencing mistakes easier to learn from.
* Forgive Yourself Your Mistakes – It’s Not Your Fault! – As you move through life, one of the biggest problems that happen from mistakes is the inability to forgive yourself. Everyone on earth makes mistakes and if you’re one of the people who are trying new things and to start a business going out of your comfort zone, you’re going to make even more mistakes. It’s okay; forgive yourself.
* Analyse What You Could Have Done Differently – When you realise a mistake has been made, it’s important to look at the entire situation to figure out what you could have done differently. Look back at different junctures where you had a choice. With hindsight, of the mistake, you should now see more clearly what might have worked better and why. Don’t beat yourself up; just acknowledge this fact. If you are online marketing this is where you would use “split testing”.
* Ask Others for Their Opinion about the Situation – Surround yourself with successful people in your niche… there are experts that you can ask for opinions, such as life coaches or business coaches as well as your community. Share your business ideas and ask for opinions. Don’t worry about criticisms because that’s going to help you in the long run. The important thing is to learn from peoples opinions and toss out the rest.
* Learn Your Limits – When you make a mistake you’ll learn more about your limits, and usually you can go so much farther than you think you can go. You’ll expand where you can go and what you can do by pushing your limits.
* Reveal Factors We May Have Missed – When mistakes happen, there is a huge opportunity to realize things that you didn’t know at the time. For example, you might learn that you’re weak on a certain skill and need to bone up, or you might learn that you’re really good at something too.
* How to Recognize Opportunities – If you never take chances which mean you might make a mistake, you may miss great opportunities. And actually making a mistake may reveal even more opportunities than having a success.
* Congratulate Yourself – The honest truth is, if you’ve made a mistake that means you’ve gone out of your comfort zone and pushed yourself and taken a risk. You should congratulate yourself for your fortitude and then move on… you now know how to learn from every mistake to avoid repeating it.
Mistakes are part of success and without mistakes no one would ever learn anything. There is a belief that is borne out by experience that real growth comes from learning from mistakes because once you make one, if you learn from the lesson you can go a lot farther than you may have ever thought.
Here’s To Your Future Mistakes… long may you learn from every mistake to avoid repeating it!
PS: Here’s a result of one of the biggest mistakes I ever made when building my own online business… it turned out to be my best mistake in the end… Click on the image to learn more…