You Need … These Things … Big Numbers Do Not Equal Big Profits
Contrary to popular belief there are countless “internet” famous people who aren’t making a dime from their fame. On the other hand, there are a huge number of lesser known individuals who have managed to take their smaller following and develop an income-producing business out of it.
Why is that?…
…It has to do with the fact that fame is not a sure way to financial success, but planning and strategy is.
* You Need A Fair number of Subscribere – but you do not need a ton of subscribers. It’s a fact that “the money’s in the list”, but you don’t need a super large list for this to be true. You just need the right people on your list that you make the right offers to at the right time.
* You Need Targeted Subscribers – Anyone who subscribes to your list should do so because they really want the information you’re going to provide them. They should also be in your target market and be part of your ideal audience profile.
* You Need the Right Lead Magnet – This is where you must be very careful not to offer a freebie that is so broad that you get people on your list who do not want to ever buy anything but only want the free item. Create a lead magnet that is so targeted that only your audience would even want it.
* You Need to Build Relationships with Subscribers – When you build a relationship with someone, you are thinking of their needs. You find ways to connect with them, to make them smile, and to make them feel as if they know you, like you, and trust you.
* You Need to Segment Your Audience – It’s important to segment your audience so that you can send them the right information. For example, you may want to send certain information to people who downloaded lead magnet A. That’s different from people who may have downloaded lead magnet B, and very different from the segment who bought product 1, and so on.
* You Need to Send the Right Information to Your Audience – Once you have people on your list, or following you on social media, you must send the right information to them on a regular basis. Try not to get off track, and always think of exactly who your ideal customer is when you send the information.
* You Need to Ask for the Sale – When you send information to your audience, remember that some of it should be informational and some should be promotional. Try not to make every message promotional, or else they’ll just start ignoring you. You must promote, but do so strategically.
* You Need to Follow Up – When someone does answer your calls to action, it’s imperative to remember that the follow-up is important. You want a small list of targeted consumers that want what you offer, and you want them to not only buy again but also to recommend you to others. You can do that by continuing to build on the relationship even after the sale.
So, the best advice on offer is…
…stop trying to be internet famous and “go viral.” Instead, continue to push out important and relevant information on a regular basis, while building relationships with your followers and subscribers. But, be prepared just in case something you do does happen to go viral, so that it will actually pay off…
…after all it’s all in the planning and strategy!!!
All the best